Creativity, Passion, and Innovation: How To Stand Out
How To Stand Out at Fresh & Easy: Show Us Your Creativity and Passion
As Twitter chats are one of the most creative methods that job seekers are currently utilizing to meet and impress employers, the fresh&easy HR staff will be hosting a Twitter chat tomorrow, Thursday, July 12 at 11 a.m., PDT. This will give you the unique opportunity to ask our HR team questions about the company and get some insight into the fresh&easy hiring process. Our recruiters will be tweeting about open positions in every area of our business, giving tips and advice on applying and interviewing with us, and answering your questions. Join the conversation by using the #fechat hashtag in your tweets during the chat time.
As companies today receive hundreds of resumes and applications for open positions, it is crucial for candidates to stand out during every step of the application process. For example, fresh&easy recruiters review candidates not only for skills and experience but also for personality fit. We look for individuals who display both creativity and passion. So how can you show your creativity and convey that sense of passion that will put you above the rest of the crowd?
The following are some easy and effective ways you can convey your creativity and passion to us at fresh&easy.
- Convey a sense of energy by using action verbs as opposed to a passive voice. For example, “Increased sales by 50%,” sounds more dynamic than “Sales increased by 50% during my employment.”
- Make your resume pop with a splash of color in your headings. However, don’t go overboard. Color and fonts should be used to make your resume easier to read, but it’s important to maintain a professional tone.
- Use Pinterest to post your resume and gain attention from innovative employers.
- Highlight projects and accomplishments from previous jobs that demonstrate your creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Use this prime opportunity to talk about your passion for your work and how you can apply that passion to the job.
- Talk about what you can do for the company, not what you want from the company.
- Write a new cover letter for each application that relates your special skills and talents to that particular job.
- Keep the letter short and concise. Hit the highlights of your background and experience relevant to the position. Give just enough information to pique the curiosity of the recruiter, but save the details for your interview.
- Show enthusiasm from the moment you walk in and maintain a positive, energetic attitude throughout the interview process.
- Share relevant examples of how you used your creativity and resourcefulness to approach challenges. Top employers want individuals who are creative problem solvers and out-of-the-box thinkers on their teams.
- Be prepared to ask relevant, well-informed questions. This demonstrates that you’ve done your research on the company and that you are interested in the role.
- Follow up your interview with a brief email to thank the interviewer and restate the relevant aspects of your personality that would make you a good fit for the position. A handwritten letter is still a nice gesture.
- For more creative job search secrets, see this great online resource: Careerealism.
- For even more insight into what you can do to stand out when applying to fresh&easy, please join our Twitter chat on Thursday, July 12th at 11 a.m. Pacific time, using hashtag #fechat. To learn more about what fresh&easy looks for in an employee, watch this video.
Tags: cover letter, creative job search, creativity, innovation, job interview, job search, passion, Pinterest, resume, standing out, Twitter chat, visual resume