Healthy Lifestyles at Work and Beyond
We’re proud of the culture of health and wellness we’ve created at fresh&easy. The commitment to healthy lifestyles extends beyond the walls of our offices and stores. Here are our team members’ tips for developing healthy habits.
You can enjoy the benefits of exercise without embarking on a rigorous workout program. Studies have show that getting even 15 to 30 minutes of exercise a day may help you manage your weight, build stamina and reduce stress. Here are some ideas to incorporate more activity into your life:
- Find an activity you enjoy, like biking, playing tennis or swimming. If you’re having fun, you’re more likely to stick to an exercise program.
- Get a workout buddy (or two, or three). It’s easier to stay motivated when you have friends to encourage you. For example, fresh&easy team members have formed running, walking and cycling clubs in which all the members help keep each other motivated. Link to blog
- Get a pedometer. Keep track of the number of steps you take each day, and challenge yourself to increase them each day.
It’s not as difficult as you may think to eat healthy. It’s tempting to opt for the convenience of a fast-food drive-through, but with proper planning, eating better is an achievable goal.
- Take advantage of healthy, pre-packaged meals, like fresh&easy’s Kitchen to Go items.
- Educate yourself about nutrition and healthy eating. We like the American Heart Association’s website, which offers great tips for healthy eating as well as information on physical activity and overall heart health.
Controlling excessive stress will contribute to your mental well being by allowing you to slow down and fully enjoy the time you spend with family and friends. To help control stress in your life, try the following:
- Try meditation. Some of our staff finds meditation and breathing exercises help them lead balanced lives. The Project-Meditation.org website is a good place to start if you want to learn more about meditation.
- Enroll in a yoga class. Often you’ll see our employees heading out after work with their yoga mats in hand. It’s a great way to de-stress and stay fit.
- Ask for help if you need it. For our staff, we offer the fresh&easy Employee Assistance Program to provide emotional support for personal issues that may impact their ability to achieve healthy balance at work and at home.
We encourage fresh&easy team members to take advantage of all the health screenings and preventative care benefits covered by our medical insurance plans.
Our commitment to health and wellness is one reason that fresh&easy is a great place to work. If you’d like to learn more about working at fresh&easy, please visit our Careers page.
Tags: employee benefits, exercise, fitness, health, healthy cooking, healthy eating, healthy lifestyle, meditation, nutrition